Converting Commercial Property to Residential
Do you need to convert your commercial property into a home? How it is performed? What procedures are necessary?
HOW TO COMMERCIAL PROPERTY TO RESIDENTIAL
Then, everything you need to know to transform your commercial property into a home.
To change an establishment from a commercial premises to a dwelling, the first thing that is needed is the processing of documentation and licenses necessary for the change of use.
These will guarantee that the property complies with the legal regulations to be converted into a home.
At SITE & FIELD we take care of everything.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO CONVERTING TO RESIDENTIAL
- It is necessary that the establishment complies with the urban regulations, the land must be qualified as urban land. You have to know the limitations of the area of the premises and that they are not exceeded.
- Habitability requirements, that the premises comply with the respective regulations. You must also comply with the minimum requirements of hygiene, health and safety.
- For the realization of this change is necessary a technical project carried out by an architect or professional of the sector. This will be presented at the City Council, which must grant permission for the realization of the local change to housing.
WHAT ARE THE CARRIED OUT FOR THE CHANGE OF COMMERCIAL PREMISES TO HOUSING?
In order for this change to be possible, it is essential that the premises comply with a series of characteristics that allow the future home to comply with the conditions established by the City Council’s current Town Planning Regulations.
The house must have at least a dining room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Its useful area should be at least 38 square meters.
In the case that you intend to conduct a study, this measure will descend to 25 square meters, and must have only a single room in which the functions of living room, bedroom and kitchen are performed. Apart the toilet will be located.
TO CONVERT A LOCAL INTO A LOFT
The requirements will depend mostly on the municipality and the autonomous community in which the local housing is located. In the case of wanting to convert a local housing in Madrid, the following conditions are required:
- Occupy a facade in a length greater than 3 meters.
- The main room must have a useful surface greater than 12 meters.
- It will be possible to inscribe a circle with a diameter equal to or greater than 270 centimeters, tangent to the wall on which the gap of light and ventilation is located.
- The kitchen should have a smoke outlet, since being an area where combustion or gases are produced should facilitate its evacuation. This will be independent of the light and ventilation gap.
- The minimum free floor height in each home will be 250 centimeters, at least 75% of its useful area, and can be reduced to 220 centimeters in the rest.
- It will have an access door of minimum dimensions of 203 centimeters in height and 825 millimeters in width.
- The minimum dimensions of the leaves of the access doors to the pieces of the house will be 203 centimeters high, 625 millimeters wide for the bathrooms and 725 millimeters for the rest of the pieces.
- The hollows of natural lighting must have a surface not less than 12% of the useful surface of the living room.
- Each of the living rooms will have a practicable surface for the purpose of direct natural ventilation not less than 8% of the useful surface of the piece.
- Comply with the conditions of accessibility and safety in terms of fire prevention.
- Ground Level: No house will have any living room (bedrooms, living room or kitchen) with the ground below the level of the sidewalk (the floor of the house must always be the same or above the sidewalk, if it is a Sloping street will take the point of the highest sidewalk).
- There will be no living rooms (bedrooms, living room or kitchen) on lower floors down (can not be put in a basement)
Do you want to convert your commercial property into a residential house? Contact SITE & FIELD, we take care of it.